Friday, July 16, 2010

Shift Your Consciousness

Why as a society do we tend to wait around until we "feel bad" or are "sick" to do anything about our health. To me, that is focusing more on the disease state of living rather than health and vitality of life. Wouldn't you rather feel great all the time? What's stopping you?

I'll tell you a little about myself. I feel awesome. Not just today, or some of the time...ALL THE TIME. How many people can say that? I haven't been "sick" in over 2 years. And when I say sick I'm not just talking about getting common infections such as the flu, cold, etc. I'm talking about any symptom of a medical condition such as: headaches, allergies, sore throats, a cough, all the little nuisances that most people think are a "normal" part of everyday life. Who doesn't get a headache once in a while, right? Not me. I've had to deal with none of the above. Nada. Zip. How is that? How can one person go for such a long time without having a symptom of any kind, while the person standing in front of them at a grocery store is constantly battleing some kind of illness or another. What's the difference between these two people. They're both the same age, body type, race, gender, they live in the same city, are exposed to the same "germs." Why does one get to be healthy, and the other is doomed to be sick? Luck? Good fortune?

NO.

The difference is, one of these people, is proactive about their HEALTH. I want to keep my body functioning to the best of its ability ALL the time, not just when I'm not feeling well. And how do I do that? Well, exercise and nutrition definetely play a role in living a healthy lifestyle...but I also CHOOSE to go beyond that and incorporate Chiropractic in my life. I get adjusted twice a week to ensure that my nervous system (which controls all aspects of your body) is functioning at its optimal potential. My immune system is stronger and more resilient, my body is producing the proper amounts of hormones and chemicals my body needs for breaking down food and reducing stress. My brain is able to communicate with all the organs and tissues in my body where before the Chiropractic adjustment took place it couldn't. There was an interference keeping the brain from communicating properly with the rest of my body.

Unfortunetely, the majority of society doesn't fully understand the role of Chiropractic and how huge a role it plays in proper body function and health. They are still stuck on Chiropractic care being just for those people with bad backs, or pain in the neck, or some other type symptom of a medical condition. Get this people- CHIROPRACTIC ISN'T FOR BACK PAIN, NECK PAIN OR HEADACHES!! Or any other symptom for that matter! Chiropractic is about enhancing your life potential allowing your body to heal itself from above-down-and inside out. Do people recieve relief from their aches and pains thru Chiropractic care? YES! But that is not our goal as Chiropractors...we do not treat symptoms or disease, nor do we diagnose disease. As a vitalistic Chiropractor my one and only goal is to remove any subluxation in your spine that is keeping your body from performing as it should.

That is one of the major purposes of this blog...to inform you about Chiropractic and things related to Chiropractic that can help YOU live a healthier lifestyle. I would like there to be a shift in consciousness focusing more on proactive health care rather than sickness and disease care. The first step is learning more about how Chiropractic can help improve your quality of life. Call your local Chiropractor and ask if you can learn more about how removing your subluxations can improve your body's overall function. Let's stop relying on outside-in forces like the thousands of prescription medications and over the counter drugs, and start finding out how to heal ourselves from within without having to rely on synthetic chemicals. BE PROACTIVE, GET ADJUSTED TODAY, GET ADJUSTED FOR LIFE! Get well and stay well thru Chiropractic.

No comments:

Post a Comment